Tuesday, August 30, 2016
   
Text Size

Site Search powered by Ajax

image image image
Southington Township Community Park The Southington Township Community Park located at the intersection of State Route 534 and Warren Burton Road in Southington is a very popular setting for a wide variety of events.  
Comprehensive Plan Completed The Southington Township Zoning Commission has approved the Final Plan for the Southington Township Comprehensive Plan. Members of the Zoning Commission, the Zoning Inspector and a group of Southington Township residents spent countless hours preparing this final plan.
Southington Community Trust Mission Statement: The Southington Community Trust, Inc. is formed to acquire, administer, preserve, interpret and display culturally and historically significant local resources

Southington Township, Ohio

Gazebo

Welcome to the official website for Southington Township. Southington is located in Trumbull County, Ohio in the heart of the historic Connecticut Western Reserve. The township of just over 3,000 residents is situated roughly midway between Cleveland to the northwest and Pittsburgh to the southeast. U.S. Rt. 422, State Routes 305 & 534 and the Ohio Turnpike easily access Southington Township. Governed by an elected board of three trustees, Southington is protected by an exemplary volunteer fire department and the Trumbull County Sheriff’s Department. Education is provided by the Southington Local School system, currently housed in the historic Chalker High and Elementary campus on State Route 305 and projected to move to a new facility on State Route 534 in 2011. Four well-established churches and a wide variety of civic organizations serve Southington.

Settled in 1805 by hardy pioneers who made their way into the western frontier from Connecticut, the community was originally known as Bolestown, but was quickly re-named in honor of Southington, Connecticut. The township retains a rural, small-town feeling and presents a pleasant blend of traditional and contemporary. The well-preserved nineteenth century Methodist, Christian and Delightful Evangelical Churches, Town Hall and landmark 1906 Chalker High School building reflect a sense of the history of the community. In 2002 the Southington Township Park was developed and new gazebo built to provide a recreational green space for the community and facility for civic functions.

The residents and officials of Southington Township continue to face challenges and welcome opportunities as the township continues to grow. Longtime residents along with new community members are united in the effort to preserve Southington’s character while encouraging smart growth to ensure the continued vitality of the community.

 

 

Top Headlines

Help us Improve

We are constantly looking at new ways to make this website a better resource for the community. If you have any suggestions, ideas or concerns, please contact us and let us know what you have to say.
 

Login Form